MUD RUN 2010

Here are some pictures of the mud run that I participated in. It was so much fun and I can't wait to do it again. Although next year I will prepare just a little bit better. I finished in 38 minutes and was the first from my team. The guy that won did it in like 20 minutes and all he had on was a speedo and strap on sandals which is smart because the mud really adds a lot of weight on you while you are running. I felt like I weighed 20lbs more. It took me 45 minutes to get all the mud off of me and I for the first couple of days after I would blow my nose and dirt would come out (GROSS I KNOW!) I had it EVERYWHERE but it was well worth it! Brandon said he wants to do it next year too. He didn't get any pictures of me actually going through the obstacles because I was fast (not really....it was because I was covered in mud and so was everyone else and you can't tell whose who.) The whole event was to raise money for the sheriffs department and also the Children's Cancer Unit at Loma Linda University. They had bombs going off and guns shooting and people yelling at you throughout the course to make it feel more "military" I guess but it made me jump every time I heard them. They also had smoke machines and this pink smoke which made it hard to breathe while you are running but so did mud in your mouth and nose. I know a low of people probably are wondering "why would you put yourself through that?" but it is all about the high you get when you cross the finish line and know that you have pushed your body to do things you didn't think you could. It was GREAT!

2 comments:

  1. When I ran cross country there was a mud run at the very beginning of the season, I guess to kind of kick things off with. it was a lot of fun. I only ran in it once, but it was so much fun that I regretted not running in it more. Your pictures reminded me of that run! I'm glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan,
    Way to go woman! We are proud of you and your endurance. Aunt Sherri

    ReplyDelete

What are ya thinkin?