Becoming a Foodie not a Baker

So most of you know I always loved to Bake. BAKE BAKE BAKE....thats all I ever wanted to do but after a while you can only make so many things that are sweet and delicious before you actually have to cook real food...ya know the meat and potatoes kind of stuff. So with this new year I have decided to cut WAY back on my baking and start trying new recipes from all of my wonderful cookbooks that I have been collecting. (Thats right I collect cookbooks...kind of odd....but I do) And so I told Brandon that I am going to start cooking real food and he was so excited.... he said "yay! How much is that going to cost me?" hahaha

So last night I cooked a smothered chicken dish that I got out of my William Sanoma Comfort Food Recipe book (most everything in this book is cooked in loads of butter and cream...SO GOOD) and it turned out good. I mean everything was cooked as it should be but it wasn't like a blow your socks off recipe. Brandon was asked to pick one recipe out of this cookbook that he wanted me to cook and guess what he chose.....Sloppy Joes! Seriously Brandon? I was hoping he would choose the crab cakes or the bananas foster french toast....but he didn't and that is OK because sloppy joes are always good right?

The next big meal that I am going to be cooking is on saturday (tonight we are grilling steaks which is a no brainer) so Saturday I am making Linguine with a white wine clam sauce reduction! It is going to be wonderful I just know it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are ya thinkin?