Running Against the Wind

okay so I have ALWAYS wanted to run a 1/2 Marathon but I would get up to about seven miles and then I would get bored and say forget it. With the new year and motivation from my best friend I have decided to do it! I am going to run a 1/2 marathon in June and I am going to finish! SO i can run about 3 miles...I say about because sometimes I get a cramp and so I stop and walk for a min and then start running again. I am not fast by any means (the tortoise did win the race) but I figure that if I am consistent and I really work at it that I can run a half marathon after training for six months! On biggest loser they have people that were the biggest couch potatoes and after 3 months they are running 1/2 marathons so I am pretty sure NO I am 100% sure that if they can do it...SO CAN I!

Yesterday I ran 3 miles in 36:22
(Again...not claiming to be fast)

3 comments:

  1. I did a half marathon after 2 weeks of running 3-6 miles and doing a saturday run of 8 miles, I think. I walked through the water breaks. You can do it. Just don't push too hard until you pass mile 10 or 11, so you don't run out of steam. And don't wear brand new shoes.

    cousin mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! I'm so excited for us! Keep it up girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEAH!! I am going to be doing the same thing. My sister and I are shooting for a full marathon in May sometime. I have a link to a great 4 month schedule for a full marathon. Keep me posted on your progress and if you want that link.

    ReplyDelete

What are ya thinkin?