AVATARD

OKAY.....I am only doing this to get a laugh out of the sweetest husband in the world (Brandon that is.) Most of you don't know this because I think I may be the only person who has seen the real movie geek come out in Brandon but he LOVES LOVES LOVES the movie AVATAR. We went on a date and saw it in 3D and it was a good movie by my standards....I mean the graphics were cool, the movie was an overall good story, and watching it in 3D made me feel like I was physically there which was cool....but Brandon felt like he was REALLY there. He came home and told me that he wanted to have an Avatar of his own. So that was the first time we saw it and we watched it together and it was just a fun date....but it doesn't end there.

Brandon while working long weeks out at COD where he wasn't coming home very often would kill time out in the desert in the evenings by going to watch a show. I thought he was watching different movies each time. NOPE. He was watching Avatar...again....in 3D. In fact one night he went and saw Bounty Hunter first....THEN went to watch Avatar (paying for both movies...no worries)so as you can see Brandon is a little bit what some might call, obsessed, with this movie. So that brings us to last night. He took me on a date to see Judy Collins (most of you who read this blog probably doesn't even know who that is) but we got free tickets and it was a great concert after that we went to Wal-Mart to pick up some candy before heading home. We walk in and right there at the very front entrance is a big stack of movies...you guessed it....AVATAR. So we get out candy and we are checking out and Brandon says "Megan, Avatar is right over there."....(me) "Yeah, I see that but it isn't in our budget and we decided that we are trying to stick to our budget a little better.....but if you REALLY REALLY want it...go over and get it." (Brandon) "No... if you are okay with me getting it, then you go over and get it because I don't want to be selfish and just get what I need." OH BRANDON....you are too cute! After I told him that the Avatar that they just released was not the one with the special features on it he decided that he could wait until it was re-released with the special features before he bought it. That is why he now has the nickname "Avatard" oh how I love him! (oh yeah....He also bought the Soundtrack too hahahah)

3 comments:

  1. OK, so I never cared if I saw AVATAR or not...now I know I must! Aunt Shawna

    ReplyDelete
  2. We liked the movie. The nick name is too funny! He and my husband should get together and talk Avatard. He loves the movie, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Avatar obsession runs in the family!!! He is just like his uncle Thaoe. Thaoe is obsessed with Avatar too.. He bought the movie too. Too bad we do not have 3d TV. I am sure Uncle Thaoe will be buying that particular TV t JUST to watch Avatar!!!!

    ReplyDelete

What are ya thinkin?