Update!

Wow! It has been A LONG time since we updated our blog. It's silly because we go read everyone elses' blog and they have such great wonderful things to update about but our lives are kind of boring so we just read the fun stuff everyone else does and then go do our own thing. So here are some updates that have happened since we last blogged.

MEGAN GOT A JOB!
I am working for the city of Ontario (it's about 5 minutes down the road) for their Economic Development department. It is only are part time job right now because it is technically an internship...but not in the "internship, I'm still in college" internship but more of a "probation" period where they make sure that I fit in with my co-workers and that I am somewhat smart or at least that I can make excel sheets look pretty :) I love it so far and I am learning so much and have so much more to learn but by the time I am finished with this job I will know about investing, redeveloping, finances, city housing, taxes, payroll, distribution, manufacturing, retail, industrial & commercial real estate and many many other important aspects that go along with having a government job in an economic development department. I am actually being "invested in" as my boss would put it and they are paying for me to take a couple of classes on the cities money which is nice and it will help me get a better handle on what I am really going to be doing. They use all this jargon at work like ICSC, NAIOP, COR-NETT, NET CAP, T-O-T, and ect. So I should be able to speak their language a little better after I take these classes. Which will be really nice. So I don't know how long I will be on this "internship" but a lot of the timing will depend on my efforts but more importantly on how much money the city can muster up to pay me :) okay....now for more exciting updates

WE ARE BUILDING OUR OWN FURNITURE (pictures to come)
Adena (our fabulous sister in law) gave us a link to a blog called knockoffwood.blogspot.com and the girl that does this blog gives you plans for building your own furniture and so we both looked at each other and said HECK YESSSS! and we built a bookshelf and a media center. Thats right....no more college furniture. No more build it yourself wal mart furniture and no more big metal racks (that are meant for garages) being used as bookshelves (it looks cute if you are going for the "industrial look", but we aren't so it just looks...odd) but it all worked while we had it and I almost feel sad. Like we are completely closing that chapter of our lives. awww tear* okay more updates

BRANDON IS FINISHING UP HIS COD PROJECT
COD means College of the Desert and that is where brandon has been working for the last year that we have been here. It has been a great opportunity and he has learned SO MUCH. The sucky part about that job is that he had to drive 1.5 hours each way which left him little time to spend with his hot wife :) so we are both glad for that reason that this project is ending and that he is going to be moving to the Cal Poly- Pamona Project which he will be able to start working on at the end of this month! We are both really excited because Pamona is only going to be about a 30 minute drive and about 15 minutes from my work. We are already planning to go on a lunch date once a week. We can sit under the big campus trees and eat our PB& Jelly Sandwich's together (awwww how precious). I say PB&J because that is all brandon wants for lunch almost every day. I don't know how he does it....I can't stand to eat the same thing everyday but that is my frugal husband for you! He is the greatest.

Update on my 1/2 Marathon training

I did injure my knee and so I had to take off a couple of weeks of training by running but I continued to cross train so that I didn't lose too much time. I have started running again and am loving it. I am up to about 5 miles and I think I will still be able to pull out thirteen by June 1'st but we shall see. I am also going to do a run in Malibu in november which I am SUPER stoked about because my Mom and a couple of others are going to go with! It should be great fun!

Other than that our lives are pretty boring. As soon as we finish the furniture I will post pictures of it and show off our handy work. Hopefully it wont be as long before we post again :)

3 comments:

  1. I want to see your knockoff furniture! I just told my hubby about a bed I want to make;) Isn't she amazing on there?! Congrats on the job too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the job! I had a few pieces of furnitures I was going to start on when we had to leave to come up here. I doubt they'll get made before the baby's due. I can't wait to see pics of what you're made!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well it sounds like your life is anything but boring! Thanks for the update, and good luck with the furniture and the marathon training.

    ReplyDelete

What are ya thinkin?